If you are fond of spending a long time in the kitchen, then you will understand how excited one can be with the introduction of new utensils in the kitchen. New utensils in the kitchen will not only spice up your meals, they also sometimes add a kind of aesthetic value to the kitchen.
Sure, you could manually remove the pits from your fruits and vegetables, but there is always a gadget that’ll save you time and make you the envy of other less enlightened chefs.
And everyone understands how annoying it could be when it is time to cook and there are no right utensils available to help with the cooking.
To enjoy the best of your time in the kitchen, here are some utensils you must have.
- Measuring cups and spoon: You can’t bake without measuring cups and spoon, so having this in your drawer is necessary.
- Pressure cooker: With a pressure cooker, you can make your food faster and easier. And it’s perfect for curries and other healthy dishes.
- Chef knife: Even if you have only one knife in your kitchen, then it should be a chef’s knife, this is useful for a variety of purpose, from chopping vegetables, cutting onions to slicing of meat.
- Mixing bowls: You will be surprised at the number of tasks a mixing bowl can perform in the kitchen. Whether you’re stirring up a batch of cookie dough or tossing together a quick side salad, you’ll find that mixing bowls play a role in nearly every recipe you make.
- Cutting board: What easier way is there to cut your vegetables and slice your tomatoes if not with the use of a cutting board?
- Hand can opener: It comes in very handy when you are craving a can of pork and beans during a power outage.
- Rubber Spatula: This can be regarded as one of the most essential tools in the kitchen. How else could you lick the remains of cake batter after pouring it into a cake pan? Whipped cream and frosting too. The uses are just too many.
- Skillet: You can go with cast iron or stay with nonstick, but your kitchen really needs a skillet. If your choice is to get the cast iron, it can also be used for baking.
Sheet pan: Sheet pans can be an absolute life-saver when you’re making dinner on a busy weeknight.
You can also visit this page to find out more about the right kitchen utensil that can help you spice up your cooking.